Thursday, May 1, 2008

Week 2

This last week has flown by...I can't believe that tomorrow we have been "waiting" for two weeks. I do have to say that I am still not quite used to being in the waiting period...We are only in the second week, but it still feels so strange and unreal. I am just waiting to find a list somewhere of all the documents we still need to get...or get an email from Natalie saying that we are actually missing a very important document. I keep feeling like we need to be filling out some kind of paperwork. I am a "do-er" by nature. I thrive on doing my part to help finish a project and now it is completely out of my hands. I have to keep reminding myself that we are actually waiting now and I don't have anymore paper work to fill out...its just such a very strange feeling..I know there is so very much we still need to do...I have the lists to prove that we have a ton to do. We are starting to slowly dive into researching all the travel stuff that we need to and I am just getting so excited to go. We have decided to bring our daughter with us when we travel...I am busy finding ideas to keep a by-then, three-year-old busy on the plane...we are also hoping that my parents will be able to travel with us and that will help out a ton.
The last two weeks have gone by so quickly...I can only hope and pray that the rest of the time will go by as fast!!!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Yeah for waiting!! I am sure that is a strange feeling, a strange feeling that I can't wait to have.

Brad and Fran Hoagland said...

That would be great that your parents could travel too! Their help will be wonderful with your little girl while travelling and in the hotel. How exciting!

Katie said...

Hi guys!
This is Jeff and Katie B. who adopted our 2 kids from Liberia? We just met at the Denver Aqaurium? It was so great to meet you, Andy, and your sweet daughter! Would love to connect with you guys sometime!!
Jeff and Katie Borchert

Teresa said...

I remember that surreal feeling. After all the hurrying to get all of the paperwork done and sent off, the waiting stage is a pleasant break. We have been waiting for 3 1/2 months now and honestly it has all gone quite quickly.

I think it is great that you are taking your little girl. We would love to take our kids but we have 3 and they are 6, 5, and almost 3, so I know if would be very difficult, not to mention, expensive. We hope to someday go back to Ethiopia when the kids are older.

Congratulations on Week 2!

Unknown said...

WOW...congratulations on being DTE!! I pray your wait is not too long!

You sweet mama made my necklace...the "Our Miracles" one...with 3 layers...China, US, and 'our miracles".

I was so happy to check your blog today and see that you are officially waiting. I can't wait to shout for joy when you receive the news of your daughter! Blessings, stacy www.mycupoverfloweth.blogspot.com