Thursday, August 21, 2008

We are at sixteen weeks...we have passed the four month mark! This summer had just gone by so quickly I cannot believe we are almost in autumn. I love that Summer is always filled with lots of time outdoors, art festivals, picnics, BBQs, hikes, and just hanging out. We've been to plenty of parks, played in some fountains, hung out with good friends, watched our garden grow, enjoyed the pick your own farm, and just been able to spend time together as a family. Even though we are still in August, I can feel the change in the weather starting...the mornings are getting cooler and crispier, I can now wear my favorite jeans with out being stifling hot, and I am starting to see a few leaves turning to a lovely yellow. I love following the seasons. I try to go with the flow of each and every season. During fall, we spend a ton of time looking at leaves, picking apples, making soup, getting pumpkins, getting our house ready for winter. Autumn is my absolute favorite time of year. It just brings so much comfort to me. I always get so excited when the seasons change...and I am so much more excited as autumn approaches this year because it means our referral is coming too. I feel like God is preparing me for the call. I have just been given the amazing gift of peace over the last few weeks. I know God is taking care of our entire adoption and he is preparing our way to Ethiopia. He knows who are child is and that is enough for me right now. So, as I watch the leaves start to change colors and slowly lose their grip on the branches of the trees, I know we are getting closer to knowing who God has picked for our family.

5 comments:

bp said...

I LOVE YOU! You are just amazing. thanks for sharing the journey, hope to see you soon. the bread is in the oven as I type. . .

~Laura~ said...

This is such an awesome post. I LOVE fall....it's my favorite time of the year. I can't wait to take the kids to the pumpkin patch this year.

We're both getting close. YAY!

Brad and Fran Hoagland said...

I wish I had that "peace" about the call. I have complete faith in Gods timing and I do know that He has hand picked our daughter already, but this lull in referrals is making me crazily impatient. And I am no where near the call. I just want someone/some folks to get the call. We are long overdue!

blessedbigtime said...

Would love to purchase one of the shirts from your Jan. 3rd post. It says I am not an invited reader on the site that I was directed to. Please email me and let me know where I can get a t-shirt.

Diana Thornley

gcthornley@aol.com

~Laura~ said...

did you see that someone got a referral on Friday that went on waitlist like 2 days before you?! You're getting so close!