Friday, September 12, 2008

Whew!

Things have started to quiet down a bit here after such an exciting week although I do still feel like I am in a bit of a dream. I have started to make lists of things I need to get done (paint the girls' bedroom) and things I still want to research (cloth diapers???) .
I do not know how the next few months are going to go by...even with the excitement of this week...it feels like it has just slowly crawled along. I have also been highly emotional...Note to moms who's babies are half a world away: do not watch Dumbo...I cried like a baby. It is going to take me a while to process through all the information I have been given this week...I am praying for lots of wisdom and more patience.

In the mean time...I am thinking of Grace and her travels to pick up her daughter...can't wait to hear about your adventures in Ethiopia!!!

7 comments:

Melodie Monberg said...

We are so excited for you. I have been researching cloth diapers for months now...if want any links, I have several...three friends have been using these for the past year...

Brad and Fran Hoagland said...

LOL! Dumbo makes me cry on a good day!

Eryn said...

Hi, you dont know me but I've been reading your blog. I found you through your mom's esty shop!

Just wanted to say, I've used Fuzzi Bunz cloth dipes for over a year and really liked them alot. I just switched to Bum Genius 3.0 and they are great also. I bought them because they are super user friendly, and they are adjustable to fit size 7-35 lbs! So they fit my 19 month old, and they'll fit the little one we adopt from ethiopia as well. Just a a tidbit for you...

coffeemom said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! So excited for you. Those tears...well, count on them being around for awhile! As for diapers...I've tried em all, at some expense, ahem...I have two words: FUZZI BUNZ. Period. (the only issue w/ Bum Genius was they took so much longer to dry and the velcro stuck to everything (even putting the tabs down)).

los cazadores said...

Dumbo makes me cry profusely - ever since I was little. And we haven't even gotten our referral yet. :)

Cindy

One Crazy Mom said...

congratulations!

If you have any cloth diaper questions I'd be happy to answer. Once you go down the cloth diaper research road, you can literally invest hundreds of hours figuring it all out. It really isn't that complex, but there are so many options now, each with their own pros & cons. Don't go down that road if you can find someone to help point you in the right direction! like someone else mentioned bumGenius! are a great user-friendly option. Good 'ol prefolds and a cover are a lot easier than I first thought also. Depending how old your child is that you bring home, I may be able to loan/give you some diapers to try before you purchase.

Susan and Chad said...

Blessings and peace in the waiting to you during this countdown to court.