Friday, July 18, 2008

In the Window...finally

Finally, we are in the wonderful referral window! YAY! Although we have no idea when we will actually be getting our referral, it just feels good to have made it to the three month marker. Now that our agency is giving referrals again, I am on pins and needles waiting for the phone to ring...I know we are weeks out, but there is the possibility now. For the next few months, my cell phone will be attached to me at all times...

Yesterday I was downstairs doing laundry when I heard my cell phone go off with the "Unavailable Ring," I ran as fast as I could up two flights of stairs to grab the phone. We have horrible cell phone service at our house so when I picked up, I couldn't hear anything and the call was lost. I thought, if it was Natalie she will either call me back or call Andy. I waited a few minutes and called to see if Andy had gotten a call on his cell...nothing. I tried to be patient and wait to see if they called back, but they didn't...obviously not our referral call...but it was still exciting. My heart just about jumped out of my chest when I heard the phone ring. I can't even imagine what it will be like when we get the REAL call...

4 comments:

~Laura~ said...

yay for being in the window. I'll be in the window in a couple weeks. YAY!

BTW, I would have totally thrown up if my phone rang "unknown" and I couldn't get there in time. Geez!!

We're moving our way right up Grace's FBI list! YAY!

Unknown said...

I look forward to hearing your 'news'!! Hope it comes soon!!

obligato said...

HI!!! I am trying to get intouch with your mom! So happy u are sooooooooooooooo CLOSE! Please email me when u get this or leave it on my blog. Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Amber said...

Gotta love that window!