Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Home Again.

Hello! We are home once again. After getting back from Thailand on July 2nd, I caught an early morning flight to Washington State to be with my husband and daughter. Washington was such a great time to recover from the jet lag and try to process through everything I experienced on the Thailand trip. I helped chaperon nineteen high school students on a mission trip to Thailand. We stayed in Fang, which is located north of Chaing Mai, just 15 miles from the Burma border. Thailand is a beautiful country. It is tropical and green and lush. The people are equally as beautiful. They are friendly and welcoming. There was not one time during our time in Thailand that I felt concerned for our safety. We stayed at the Kids Life Ministry Children's Home while we were there. There are currently 64 children living at the KLM campus. These kids are amazing...they are looking for sponsors for many of these kids...contact KLM through the above link if you would like more information. KLM is also amazing. The staff who care for these kids on a daily basis have so much love for them. The thing I loved so much about this ministry is they are teaching these kids to love Jesus. The way these kids worship and pray is unlike anything I have ever seen. I was moved to tears on a daily basis by these kids and this ministry. We taught all the kids God of this City by Chris Tomlin. I lost it the first time I heard their voices saying these words. Each morning, we would have prayer at 5:00 in the morning. We would walk a huge map of Thailand with the kids. One morning, we were asked to play the song of the kids while they walked the map...oh gosh I completely lost it again. What an amazing pray to sing over this children's home. It just so touched my life. If you have not heard this song...it is so amazing...check this video out for the song...I love it.


While the kids were at school, we would go out and visit other schools that KLM have been working with. We would do some activities with the kids at the school. When I say school, I mean a concrete square that has no chairs, books, desks, or anything. The kids sit on the ground and learn as much as they can. It was so cool to see them interacting with the high school students. They would crawl right up into their laps and work on the activities we had for them. One of the places we went to was the Orange Grove. These kids were refugees from Burma. Many of their parents work in the Orange Grove. The pesticides used for the oranges have made many of these people sick and some of even died. These sweet kids come into contact with these pesticides on a regular basis. These are even three families who live on the same property where they store and mix these pesticides. The mats they used in the school room to cover their dirt floor were the bags from the pesticides, sewn together. I was so angry of what these kids have to face. My heart hurt for them and I just pray protection over their lives.
This trip was so amazing and very emotional. I couldn't help to think about our baby in Ethiopia and wonder what she is experiencing there. God is still working in my heart to teach me more about everything that happened there. I would love to get another opportunity to return to Thailand and see these kids again. Thank you for all your sweet comments on the picture slide show...I am so glad you enjoyed them!

1 comment:

Sam said...

Hi. I am waiting too but you have been waiting far longer! Just wanted to say hi!