Monday, February 25, 2008

We are now just waiting on our health insurance and life insurance to get the documents we need...we are so ready to be sending in all of our stuff!!! Hopefully in the next two weeks we will be turning in our dossier to get authenticated.
The last few weeks have been kinda hard. We are so ready to bring our baby home. We started this process last March and thought we would have been finished with the adoption process by now, whatever the reason, we know this is God's best for our family. I was looking through our dossier handbook that Gladney gave us and this sentence stood out to me today:
I can make you two guarantees.

One - if you stick through the frustrations and possible changes, we will find you the child that is meant to be part of your family.

Two - you will not be happy with this process until your child has come home.
This is so true to where I am. I am also reminded of the verse that my mom put on the back of my Heart for Africa necklace:
I waited patiently for the LORD;he turned to me and heard my cry.
Psalm 40:1
With each dossier document Gladney checks, we are getting closer and closer to completing this process. The only thing I can compare this to is the last few weeks of my pregnancy with Blake...I felt like I was going to be pregnant the rest of my life...it felt like it was never going to end, then, all of a sudden (by sudden I mean 13.5 hours of labor), it was over. God is good and he knows how much we can handle.

7 comments:

Angie said...

I love what you quoted from the Gladney handbook - 2 good things to remember as we are all waiting...at least we're all in it together!

jody said...

i say that as well all the time...it's like the 9th month of pregnancy that never seems to end.
i so understand.
hang in there.

{B} said...

Thanks for all the encouraging words! I love being able to see so many other families going through the same process.

nancy said...

Britlee, I can TOTALLLYYY relate!
Nancy
www.heartforethiopia.blogspot.com

Leah said...

I am not sure what is worse the paperwork phase or the offically waiting with nothing to do but wait phase...I am glad that you are almost done with your paperwork! Keep it up you are almost there.

Stacie said...

Such sweet words from your agency - they really seem to understand! Hope the dossier is complete soon!

Melodie Monberg said...

Thanks for continuing to share. We are waiting on our home study and lovely immigration form. This is a long road huh? You are in our thoughts and prayes. Hey, maybe a good Ethiopian meal would make us all feel better. Let me know some dates and we'll meet you guys there!