Wednesday, February 27, 2008

3,000,000::

the number of girls who are at risk each year of FGM, many of them in Africa.

The BBC just published an article about FGM - Femal Genital Mutilation. Several agencies under the UN are calling for this practice to be eradicated in within one generation. You can read the article by clicking here: FGM Article

You can find more information about FGM from WHO here: FGM fact sheet
In Depth: The razor's edge article
The Female Genital Cutting Education and Network Project

5 comments:

Amy said...

Wow. I know very little about this... I will go read the links now!


I love your new look... very fancy!

graceling said...

Nice job on the blog re-vamp!

{B} said...

Thank you, thank you! Oh how I love photoshop!!!

Brad and Fran Hoagland said...

Man! I was just wondering about this kinda thing. Thanks for the info. I will read it all.

los cazadores said...

Thanks for spreading the awareness. Important issue.

Cindy