Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's amazing how much better I have been feeling now that we have an actual court date. I have been blessed with an amazing amount of peace in the last week and it has certainly helped knowing that December 17th is just around the corner. We have been spending a lot of time at home, hanging out with family and friends...just trying to enjoy this season as we wait.

We were in Target last week when we saw this woman with a beautiful little girl...it turns out, it was Lisa. I have followed her blog for the last few months. She was able to tell me about a fundraiser for a lady named Hanna Fanta. Hanna runs Children's Haven in Ethiopia, an organization that helps to empower Ethiopian girls. They held and Art sale to try to raise funds to build a permanent building for the organization. We were not able to stay very long, but it was so good to be able to see all these people and families who are passionate about Ethiopia. Check out her organization and see if you can sponsor a child for $25/month.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Britlee,
I was so glad you made it to the Children's Heaven event. It was such a great turnout and I think they raised about $15,000 or so for Hanna's facility. That is just amazing. Great to meet you at Target and see you there, although I was very busy making Ethio coffee.