Thursday, June 12, 2008

Please Eat In This Weekend To Stop Hunger::June 13th-15th, 2008

I feel like everywhere I look I see or hear something about the food crisis in Ethiopia. My heart has been so heavy with the food crisis and I have just been trying to think about ways I can help, even if it is $25 or $50.
I had an idea to stage an "Eat In" this weekend. The idea behind an "Eat In" is to stay home for one meal that you would have gone out for, eat something you have in the pantry or the freezer and take the money you would have used to go out for dinner or ice cream or whatever and donate it to help stop hunger. Ethiopia is in need of approximately 325million dollars to help bring in food until the next harvest (August or September).
Be sure to choose an organization to donate your money to...I am choosing to donate to UNICEF's Nutrition Program in Ethiopia.

Please join us this weekend in our "Eat In"! If you are going to be joining us, please post a similar message on your own blog so others can hear about this.

1 comment:

Erin said...

This is so cool! I know I am a little late here, but if you do this again, let me know. We are really trying to buy more groceries and eat out a lot less. If I add up how many times I spontaneously buy a latte, or go through Chic-Fil-A instead of cooking, that adds up to a lot of money I could give away to help feed hungry people. Thanks for this post!